FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Instachew Smart Pet Feeder
What size of kibble can I use in the Instachew Smart Pet Feeder?
The recommended kibble size for the Instachew Smart Pet Feeder is 0.5 cm to 1.5 cm.
I've received a notification saying "Feed incomplete, please try again", what do I do?
This indicates that there is an issue that you will need to investigate by doing the following:
1. On the Instachew app, go to "Instant Feeding" and dispense two or three portions. Wait and see if the notification pops up again. If not, then you have corrected the problem. If you see the notification, then go to step 2.
2. Manually remove the food bin from inside the feeder. Empty out the bin until you have access to the fins. Manually rotate the fins until the jam is cleared. Place the bin back in the device and test by dispensing two or three portions. If the problem persists, please contact email@example.com. We will gladly provide you further assistance.
I am trying to set up my Instachew Smart Pet Feeder at a different location and it is not working, what do I do?
Since the device was originally set up at your preivious location, you will have to unbind it, reset the device, and go through the connection process again.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to the Instachew app and log in to your account.
2. In the menu (three strips at the top right corner of the app), click "Device Management". Then, press "unbind".
3. Press and hold the "Set" button on the Instachew smart Pet Feeder.
4. From this point forward, follow the instructions in your Instructions Manual and you should be connected.
Note: if you lost your instruction manual, you can find it on our website or follow the instructions in this video - Click here
For additionaly assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will my scheduled feeding work if my internet goes out?
Yes. The scheduled feeding will work as long as it was set up prior to being disconnected from the internet. For extra piece of mind, we recommend to place three D cell batteries in the device in case of a power outage. The device will continue to work for at least 2 weeks with the scheduled feeding, but you will not have access to the video and audio functions.
In the set-up process, after I connect to the "PETWANT_XXXX" wifi option, it doesn't complete the binding process, what do I do?
The most common reason for this issue is two fold:
1. Some wifi routers broadcast two WiFi signals 2.4 GHZ and a 5 GHZ. Ensure that you are connected to the 2.4 GHZ on your phone. The device is only configured to recognize a 2.4 GHZ Wifi Signal. Once you are connected to the 2.4 GHZ Wifi signal proceed with the set-up process.
For android devices click the link below and watch the video.
2. Set up with Android Device
Can my family members access the Instachew Smart Pet Feeder?
Yes. The app allows for multiple users to access the same account. Simply share your login and password information with your family members.
How do I clean my Instachew Smart Pet Feeder?
To clean the food tray:
Will this work with an ipad?
Yes. When you go to the app store, download from the Iphone only apps.
I cannot access my Instachew Smart Pet Feeder on my phone (it says its offline). When I checked at home, the red light is solid and the green light is flashing, what does this mean?
This means several things.
Return and Exchange
What is your return policy?
For Canada and USA:
Our return policy is 14 days from the day you receive your product.
For international orders, currently we don't offer returns. All products will be considered final sale.
How long do I have to exchange a product?
You have up to 30 days to exchange a product. e-mail us at email@example.com for assistance.
Where can I purchase your product other than your website?
Our products are currently available at the following online market places:
For in-person pick-up, visit us our "Where to Buy" page.
We are in the process of adding our products at various retail locations. Visit us back for more info!
What is the shipping cost?
Canada and USA
Smart Water Fountain
How often do we need to change the filters?
Filters typically last between 2-3 months.